News -> HomeHome
Cette page en français

News and observation reports, January 2005:

Some of the UFO observations and ufology news in January 2005 are listed on this page. Please note that these are not studies, but second hand observation reports, although mostly obtained from reliable and well known sources.


COLUMBIA CITY -- This was an evening of ice fishing I will never forget! Coming over the trees was an elongated triangular shaped "thing." It was hovering over the east end of the small farm pond I was fishing on January 31, 2005, at 10 PM. It moved over the frozen water and lowered slowly. It sat motionless without a sound for a minute or two. As it rose silently, "steam" rose from the lake. The object slipped quietly past the trees and floated out of sight (my line of sight was obscured by trees). We used our cell phone and called the local sheriff, but there was no answer, as our cell phones had both gone dead. This was strange. Also, our battery operated fish locator (Vexilar) was also affected, we believe. The area of the pond where the object hovered was melted into about two inches.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director,


YELM. -- The witness reports: "My boyfriend Nathan and I were driving on Yelm Highway about 7 PM, on January 30, 2005, and the road is surrounded by forest. One side of the road is part of Fort Lewis when all of sudden we saw this aircraft hovering above the trees right beside the highway. The aircraft was triangular and had two square lights at the bottom and there was no cockpit in sight. It was thick and it had a light at every corner. We were driving by it slowly but another car was following too close and we almost got in an accident. We manage to recover and just drive away. The oddest thing was that it hovered and there was no sound."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director,


LOS ANGELES – The witness reports, "I was driving with my son, who is 12 years old in North Hollywood about 5 PM on January 29, 2005, when my child said," Mom, look up, UFO!" "When I looked up, I saw an object moving in the sky straight above us that was size of a helicopter and the same height, but it was a strange shape. It was round with a hole in the middle like a donut, or disk with a hole. It was black and you could see sky through the hole. It looked like nothing else I ever seen before. I parked my car so we could see better. It was flying from North Hollywood towards West Hollywood. The movement was unusual, just like it was spinning or wobbling. The edges were going slightly up and down, like it was maneuvering in the air with it's own body and you could see it clearly. We watched for four minutes until it became a black dot."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director,


NAPERVILLE – The witness stated, "I'm a 22 year old male, active sky watcher and I was admiring the strange, glittery really fine powder snow that was falling at a steady rate on January 27, 2005, at 4:15 PM. Looking up I saw a UFO, literally in the shape of a U that was 90% invisible with a distinct outline of the craft. It had three opaque whitish spots at the rear lights? It traveled fairly slow and it approached the moon. The light of the moon revealed the entire craft. The clouds were a dark purple hue above the craft. It was bigger than the full moon. The glow of the moon amplified the image of the craft and actually revealed its outline further to about 80% visible. It was about three inches from the moon and it took about 10 seconds for it to pass the moon, at which point I could no longer see it."

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director,


MORRISTOWN -- MUFON reports, a tractor-trailer driver called to report that he was driving north on Interstate 81 at approx. 21:00 hours on January 26, 2005, when he saw three bright reddish lights ahead of him in the sky. He drove for several minutes noting that the object appeared to be hovering as it drew closer. He arrived at a point where he could safely pull off the interstate and did so, exited his truck and watched the strange object. He described the object as a dark triangular object, backlit by the bright nearly full moon with three large reddish orange lights affixed to each point. The object was hovering at some 45 degrees to his position and was the relative size of a golfball at arm's length. He described the object as slowly rotating but making no other discernible movements. After several more minutes, the object simply disappeared. The witness is an Air Force veteran, therefore a trained witness and quite adamant that this was no conventional aircraft.

Thanks to Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director,


CARIBBEAN. -- On January 25, 2005, about ten at night the observers noticed bright lights that were very strange above their ship on a cruise. One of them writes, "While sitting out on our balcony I notice an intense light flashing red green and white. I thought it was an airplane, but the light never got any closer or further away. We notice that the lights were extremely bright. As we kept watching it started darting around real fast and goes back to the same spot. My partner went to bed I kept watching it, it seem to be shooting or launching something from it. There would be a streak of light shoot in to space. I have short film footage of the object."

Thanks to George Filer.


6news TV in Corpus Christ, Texas, USA, reports that authorities are investigating a case of cattle mutilation discovered by an Orange Grove resident, James Lund, and his nephew, who said that two cows died under some bizarre circumstances near Sandia.

The man said: "We noticed they had some really, really strange cuts on them. The animals eyes, ears, tongue, udders, and reproductive organs both were missing. It looked like it was cauterized as it was cut. I'd say it was pretty weird. I've read about, I've heard about it on TV, about these weird mutilations of cattle, but I never thought I'd see one."

The TV said their carcasses had large circles carved out with surgical precision.

The Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association has said most of these peculiar deaths can be chalked up to possums, skunks and other varmints that pray on animals that die of natural causes. But others believe the circumstances surrounding theses deaths are so mysterious, it could be something else.

Even the buzzards have been staying away from the cattle, a strange behavior that's been reported in other cases of cattle mutilations from around the world, the TV said.

6News adds that James Lund contacted officials about his discovery, and they attempted to contact the owner of the land and the cattle, but were unsuccessful in doing so.


Date: January 17, 2005 Time: Approx: 6:00 p.m. The witness reports:

"I was outside today in my front yard taking pictures of the sunset. It was about 6:00 p.m., the sun had already went down when I noticed these three gold lights in the western sky. At first I thought it could have been three jets flying close together, because the distance between them were further apart than the picture shows when I first saw them. I had my camera in hand and took one picture of them. By the time the camera was ready again, they were just a dot they were moving so fast. I took another picture, but nothing showed up on it. I didn't see which way they came from, seems like they just appeared in the west and were heading due west. I'm sending you a copy of the original picture, you can zoom in on it and see it is three objects and I think they were moving way to fast to be jets."

Thanks to the witness for the photos and report and to Brian Vike, HBCC UFO Research, Canada,


The witness stated: "Driving to work in Portland, OR on 1/11/2005 at 7:35 am I saw two bright objects just above the eastern horizon. They were much brighter at first before they sank into the distant haze that you see in the pictures. However, I could not photograph them at first sight due to being on the freeway at A.M. rush hour. The first picture PICT8356.JPG was a very lucky shot, even though the camera autofocused on the shrubs in the foreground, you can still see a greenish caste to the objects. Seems like I have reported green objects to you before. The day was just dawning and was nearly cloudless. Very rare to see the blue sky anymore."

"The objects were moving to the east away from me, how fast I cannot say. They held in view for about nine minutes, so could not have been moving too fast. The 40x zoomed in picture 8369 shows a 4 lobed structure in or around the object. This is the brighter of the two, or upper one. Files I send are full size with text added. I think the objects were very far away, several miles at least, therefore very large."

Thanks to the witness and to Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research, Phone 250 845 2189, email:, Website:


MIAMI -- The incident occurred between 8:51 and 8:53 PM on Friday, January 7, 2005, and was observed by a Doctor who is a retired clinical psychologist and amateur astronomer, while the second witness is a teacher with a degree in education. They were observing the comet Machholz, through his telescope: "The object moved from East to West at a very high rate of speed, covering about 90 degrees of arc in about ten seconds, when it was lost in the sky glow of the city to our west. Its speed was constant but it clearly and distinctly changed directions (perhaps 30 degrees) two different times. There was absolutely no sound associated with the object."

There were no aircraft in the vicinity at the time. The object’s angular size was very small, subtending only about 3 minutes of arc. It was clearly NOT an astronomical object since the amateur astronomer and accustomed to looking at meteors, comets, nebulae, galaxies. The teacher described it as having a "color" of dull orange-red. It was only modestly luminous, similar to perhaps a 3-4th magnitude star, but was clearly larger than a point-source like a star. It had a definite shape like a circle with a line through it (perhaps a saucer shape). It moved at a right angle to the "line" through the dot. The Dr. was not certain whether it emitted a dim light of its own or merely reflected light from the city below, but it was clearly NOT as bright as some of the brightest stars. The observers **strongly agree that it was not a conventional aircraft, a meteor, or any natural phenomenon.

Thanks to Peter Davenport Director and George Filer, FilersFiles.


Former US President Bill Clinton wrote in his blog:

"You know, when I was elected, but before I was inaugurated, someone, a total stranger, whom I met on the street asked me to look into Area 51 and Aliens in Roswell, New Mexico. I laughed, but decided to buy a book about the subject. It was very interesting. I asked my good friend Webster Hubbell to investigate the matter."

"When Hillary talked about the fast right wing conspiracy, she was mocked. Maybe the conspiracy wasn't a right wing one, but something else."

"I never did get a clear answer about Area 51 from the ones with the security clearance. And I was the president."

"More than that you know what happened to me during my second term. And you know what happened to Hubble. He died."

"Sometimes you shouldn't ask questions why, you just have to accept reality."

Source Bill Clinton's blog at


PORTLAND – The witness saw the flashing blue and yellow lights at 9:30 PM, on January 03, 2005, in the ESE sky over Portland. I do not have a telescope, but it was definitely moving very slowly which makes me think it is not an airplane and it looks to be too high to be a helicopter.



SAN FRANCISCO. -- On January 1, 2005, at AM, two witnesses spotted seven umbrella shaped objects above buildings on top of Telegraph Hill and Lombard Street: "They came from the West and moved along the top of the buildings in the sky. The sky was dark and light at the same time. The clouds seemed dark black with white surrounding them and were moving in large clusters, scattered throughout the sky. The 7 objects were moving in a cluster with several more above the rest. Sort of like a flock of birds, all moving at the exact same speed. They did not increase or decrease their speed as they moved from the West to the East. It couldn't have been more than 15 seconds and then they were gone."

Thanks to Brian Vike


Canadian Ufologist Brian Vike reported that a sighting occurred in Paramount shortly after midnight on January 1, 2005. The witness reported: "from the east two lights came into view and stopped suddenly, then a second later, two more appeared and proceeded to attack the first two by lunging at one another very, very quickly. They were shooting at each other at 12:02 AM, in something like tracer fire. After each one took their shots they disappeared quickly into the sky. Two remained for a couple of minutes in a stationary position, then all of a sudden took off straight up and disappeared in about three seconds. The lights were very bright, more so than the stars around it. They were not planes or helicopters. They were in the flight landing pattern for L.A.X. from the east. Oddly enough, I do not remember seeing any planes descending from the skies as usual in this busy approach."

Thanks to Brian Vike, HBCC UFO Research, Canada.


CHINO. -- The witness reports: "On New Years Eve, several friends, my family members and I saw a weird red light moving slowly in the sky a little after midnight. When I saw the light it wasn't moving in a straight line but was curving around a little. I thought it might be a VERY high helicopter, but it seemed to be too big and red to be a helicopter at that height moving the way it was. Then it suddenly disappeared. About 30 seconds later it appeared again in a different location (but in the same general part of the sky), and continued moving in a seemingly random pattern. My brother described it as "a ball of fire in the sky.""

"My brother said his girlfriend was at work at Subway Sandwiches Monday and on her break she was in the parking lot and 3 or 4 people were looking and pointing up in the sky at a weird red light."

Thanks to George Filer.


Date: 01.01.2005 Time: 06:56 PM Place: Heggset to Vårhus, Hessdalen

Observers: Hallfrid and Bjarne Lillevold

Hallfrid and Bjarne were driving home from the church in Hessdalen. When they reached the top of the small hill at Heggset, they saw a bright yellow light in the north, above the Aspås farms. It looked aa it was standing still at first. Suddenly it started moving south, towards mount Finnsåhøgda. It moved jerkily all the time it was moving towards south, above mount Finnsåhøgda. When it had reached mount Finnsåhøgda at Heggset, it suddenly disappeared. Hallfrid and Bjarne saw the light all the time they were driving slowly home. They stopped the car close to home, looking at the light. Hallfrid went out to find out if there was any sound. No sound could be heard. Bjarne think the total observation time was 10 minutes.

Ref. Bjarne Lillevold. Source

Feedback  |  Top  |  Back  |  Forward  |  Map  |  List |  Home

This page was last updated on October 29, 2005